Monday, May 14, 2012

Watched it Pour as I Touched Your Face


Dear Family,

Where to begin?... Well, first of all, it was really good to talk to y’all yesterday. Sorry I didn't say much, but it's hard to catch up on 5 months in just one hour. I love you all though.

So much has happened this week and I'm not really sure where to start. the week went by really fast, but when I look back and try to remember I can't so... good thing I have my journal with me!!!
Oh I remember:
We went on exchanges this week, so I was in the Wells Branch ward in Pflugerville for three days. That was fun. I got to meet a lot of really cool people, and they all loved me- of course. :)
I got a letter from Sam Nielson with a left-handed unicorn picture on the back and it was fantastic. I put it in my journal and then made my companion draw a left-handed unicorn for me. I think I may make this a thing. Left-handed unicorns are the best! hahaha.
I finally bought some local honey because it's supposed to help with allergies. I don't know if it really does, but it tastes really good.
We finally found Jose this week! He got baptized but never got confirmed and he moved and his phone broke, so we haven’t been able to contact him. But he got a new phone and left us a message saying he was going to be at work. So we got a group of members together and stalked him at work. Just kidding. He works at a restaurant so we got some members to take us out to eat for the sake of missionary work. It was so good. Jose was so excited to see all of us. It was a good thing it wasn’t really busy that night because he just sat and talked to us the whole time we were there. Then a member offered to give him a ride to church the next morning. I love our ward so much!!! So Jose came to church, but the bishop was out of town so he could not get interviewed to be confirmed. (The bishop has to interview anyone who misses their original confirmation date before they can get confirmed.) ahhhhh! The bishop will be there next week though, and so will Jose! But then he's moving to North Carolina the next week. It’s sad, but he doesn't have a super good living situation here and there are Mormons in NC just like there are in Texas. So long as we get him confirmed and in touch with the right people out there he will be just fine. Well, that's the most exciting thing that happened this week. The coming week is going to be fantastic because we are going to teach Natalie again, and she is going to get baptized and go on a mission. Yes! We also get to teach Jenifer again this week, and she is going to get baptized too. yeah!

Oh, so we were tracting one day and I saw some hippies, so I ran over to talk to them so I could tell them how much I loved their dreads. We had the craziest conversation ever and one of them rolled a dubie right in front of us! Then when we asked them about their religion they said they were "more spiritual." That's the stupidest answer I've ever heard. Then one of them went off about skin walkers, and we probably could have talked to them for a really long time. But it started to rain and we had to run back to our car. We got soaked, and my asthma was going crazy. We had to take a break under a tree because our car was forever away and I am so out of shape.


Anna, I about wet myself when I saw that picture. It was so funny. I'm so bummed that by the time I get home Adele won't be big anymore, but that's ok because listening to hymns 24/7 is way better than listening to good music. :) I'm trying ok. Don’t judge me. For those of you who didn't get to see the picture... I just set it as an attachment. :) 


As far as the other pictures go, we had dinner with a Ranger last night so I hope that explains a lot. Not the forest ranger kind of ranger, but the A-Team king of ranger. It was pretty fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as I hope you can tell. What can I say? It was a good photo op.





We also had dinner with a senior missionary couple and the dinner conversation mostly consisted of the origins of various Native American groups. Elder Lombardi wrote a book all about how to stay healthy so you can have "great sex over 80" hahaha and now he's working on a book about Native American genealogy.


Alright, I have to go now but I love you all. Have a good week and send me some letters ;)

Sister Morgan Heeder
2104 E Anderson Ln Apt. # 1032 
Austin, TX 78752

Happy Mother's Day
Love,
Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment