Monday, May 21, 2012

Mormon Connections


Hiya Familia,

Another P-day is here. We're going to go buy Sis Sorensen some cowboy boots today, and I'm excited. Does it get any more Texas than buying cowboy boots? I don't think so. Don't mess with Texas. 

So this week has been crazy. (Just like every other week, but that doesn't change the fact that life in general is crazy) 

Jessica, these are for you. We have this super solid investigator named Natalie White, and one of her really good friends served with you. His name is Zach Atherton. When she told him she was meeting with us he said, "Wait, does this Sister Heeder have a bunch of sisters and live in Idaho? I served with her sister. It's a sign!" I also met Elder Rivera. He's in our stake. He said he just got home from Jacksonville a year ago and he knows who you are. 

Quick question. Where is the family bible? 

I hope you like the pictures. My comp says that she promises she doesn’t really have sixty chins. hahaha.






Grandma and Grandpa Heeder, I hope you made it to Idaho safely. 

This week we had Zone Conference and President's interviews, so a lot of our proselyting time got eaten up. But we still got a lot done. Jose is breaking our hearts, and he has not been confirmed yet. Jenifer can no longer be baptized this week because she lied to us about her living situation and has to move before she can get dunked. :( Amber has stopped responding to our calls and texts, but we'll hunt her down eventually. Natalie is amazing. We finally got a chance to teach her the first lesson, and she said she'd be baptized and she knows what we taught her was true. So that's awesome. I love her so much because she's so open and honest with us. At the end of our lesson I asked her if she'd pray and she said, "me?! no. no. too far. too far." hahaha. She’s so funny. She reminds me a lot of my friend Cat (who was my bff in Ecuador, for those of you who don't know.) I think they even kind of look alike.

If anyone wants to buy me a gift, I've been coveting the MoTab “Come Thou Fount” CD. Just so you know. :)

I have so many funny stories from this week, but they’re the "you had to be there" kind of stories that wouldn't really be funny to anyone else so...sorry about that.  \

So a bunch of our members have this friend named Luke who he comes to activities every once and a while and knows us really well, but he's an untouchable. As in, we don't get to teach him until the members give us the go ahead. But he is so funny and he's so nice. The other night he showed up while we were eating dinner with the Relief Society president and her roomies, and he spent a good hour giving us advice about boys. hahaha. Amanda has a new boy from Dallas, so we asked Logan to be her screener when he comes to visit next month. He was so excited.  I love the people here so much. They are all so awesome. It's pretty fun that Ryan is in my ward too. I see him in Sunday School every week, and it's just kind of like this weird, "Hey, we know each other" type situation, and I tell all our investigators our weird Mormon Connections. (Ah, did you see how I did that. I made the title the same as the end of my email. I'm so clever. haha.)

Well, I love you all and I hope I get to keep hearing from you. Have a week like it's December 1999 and have fun. Summer is almost here!
Love you All

Love, 
Morgan

Editor's Note: P.S. If you want to hear Sister Sarah Cate Sorenson's (Morgan's companion) take  on everything, here is a link to her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment